- Check Amazon for All Our El Molcajete Chiles -Hand-selected from the finest spice purveyors and chile growers in Mexico.
- Moderately hot, ranging between 4,000 and 9,000 Scoville Heat Units.
- A robust, sweet, and somewhat smoky chile with notes of raisin, plum, and earthy tobacco.
- One of the ‘Holy Trinity’ chiles, and essential in a variety of Mexican moles and salsas.
- Each 8 oz. (225 g) portion comes in a tamper-evident resealable bag to best guarantee freshness and maintain quality.
The most commonly used of the dried Mexican chiles, the large, flat, green-black ancho is actually a dried poblano pepper. Their distinctive and beloved flavor is essential to a wide variety of Mexican dishes, and one of the key reasons that they (along with pasilla and mulato chiles) are part of the Mexican ‘Holy Trinity,’ essential for making mole and so much more. Try using a mexican mortar and pestle.
List Price: $ 8.99
Price: $ 8.99
Find More Meat Recipes Products