Cocktail Onion Samosa is an excellent snack, easy to prepare, guilt-free and a brilliant dish made in Philips airfryer to make our life easy. Onion samosa is a popular triangular shaped, small size, crispy snack stuffed with onion, puffed rice and few aromatic spices that tastes extremely good with a piping hot cup of tea. These air fried cocktail onion samosa is extremely delicious that will delight your palate with its explicit savor.
Sugar – pinch
Salt – pinch
Oil – 1 tsp
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Whole wheat flour – ¼ cup
Water – as required
Onion, chopped – 1 no
Green chillies, finely chopped – 2-3 nos
Carrot, grated – 1 tbps
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Mint leaves, finely chopped – ½ tsp
Coriander leaves, finely chopped – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – pinch
Salt – to taste
Pressed rice (Poha) – 1 cup
1. Take a bowl, add a pinch of sugar, salt, little water and mix well till the sugar is dissolved. Take little oil and mix.
2. Add all-purpose flour and wheat flour in the above mixture and knead to make soft dough. Cover and rest the dough for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. For the stuffing: Take a mixing bowl, add in chopped onions, green chillies, grated carrot, red chilli powder, finely chopped mint and coriander leaves, pinch of garam masala powder, salt to taste and pressed rice (poha). Mix all the ingredients well.
4. Take some dough, dust some flour on the table and with help of a rolling pin roll the dough into a thin chapatti.
5. On a hot grill, lightly fry the thin chapatti on both sides, remove, trim the edges and cut them into long strips.
6. Cut the long sheet into two. Fold the sheet in triangle shape and stuff the mixture inside.
7. Apply some maida paste on one side of the sheet and seal the edges well.
8. Brush the cocktail samosas with very little oil before putting them in the airfryer.
9. Preheat the Philips airfryer at 180 degree C for 3 mins.
10. Pull out the basket and put in the samosas and air fry for 4 mins at 180 degree C.
11. After 4 mins, pull the basket out, turn them and again re-fry for another 3-4 mins.
12. After some time, remove and add in some slit green chillies and air-fry them for 2 mins.