Learn how to make bread upma that makes a healthy & tasty breakfast.
Bored of the regular bread sandwiches and bread toasts in breakfast? Here’s chef Ruchi Bharani up with a breakfast variation called bread upma. Try this easy to make yet delicious recipe and we bet, breakfast will no longer be boring.
Butter 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies ( slit and deseded)
Asafoetida 1/4 tsp
1 onion ( finely chopped)
Garlic 1 tbsp ( finely chopped )
Tomatoes 1 &1/2 ( deseeded and chopped)
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Water 1/2 cup
Lemon juice 1/2
Pav / Bread 4
Sev and coriander ( garnish )
– Heat butter in a pan and let it melt completely,
– Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida, coriander leaves, onions and stir fry them.
– Add garlic and mix everything till the onions turns translucent and not brown
– Add tomato and mix well.
– Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and cook it till the tomatoes turn soft.
– Add water, lemon juice and boil it till the water dries out
– Add the bread pieces in the tomato mixture and toss them well to coat all the bread pieces well.
– Sprinkle some coriander leaves and mix well everything
– Serve hot after adding sev and coriander leaves
Director: Neha Sarkar
Camera: Jay Nayak, Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal
Editing: Ravi Varma
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited