- EXOTIC & FINEST SAFFRON – Our saffron has a very subtle flavor and aroma – some say it’s floral, some say it’s like honey.
- FARMED BY FEMALE FARMERS in valleys of Himalaya Mountains in Afghanistan. It’s unique sweet-savory flavor and distinct aroma elevates anything it is blended with.
- Silk Road’s FINEST PREMIER AFGHAN SAFFRON is a gift from the heart. The bright, red stigmas of the saffron flower are hand-picked to preserve aroma and flavor. Always sustainably-farmed and ethically sourced. Known as the world’s most expensive spice, saffron has been used for thousands of years in European, Indian and Persian cuisine.
- Non-GMO, gluten free, & vegan. No preservatives or additives. Safaroma’s premier saffron, sourced directly from Afghan women farmers, will add deep flavor and a beautiful color to any dish. 0.5 grams is enough for 37 dishes of paella! This smooth, bright golden cup is finished with the delicate, floral notes of fresh rose petals for an ethereal sip.
- 100% FAIR-TRADE: Our saffron threads are harvested in Afghanistan by our brave & hardworking Women Farmers who are paid fairly and is the highest quality saffron rated, which provides the best saffron aroma, colour and flavour.
RECOMMENDATION: In order to experience the full saffron flavor, steep saffron threads in hot water, broth, or alcohol before adding to food. Pre-soaking also allows the colour and aroma to disperse throughout the food. STANDARD PRACTICE: For every pinch of saffron, add 4 teaspoons of liquid; using a spoon make sure that the saffron threads get properly soaked (do not crush the threads). Let the saffron soak for a minimum of 1 hour. The mixture can be left soaking for as long as twelve hours, but 1 hour will give you the proper results. The stems will expand to 1 1/2 times their dry size. You can use the liquid saffron juice for any thing you like, check our website for recipes. SMART PRACTICE: Add 5 teaspoons of liquid for every teaspoon of saffron; let soak for 20 minutes. Using the back of a spoon or in your ceramic mortar, mash the threads so that a thick paste is formed. You can then add the paste to the dish as required. ABOUT SAFAROMA: At Safaroma, we make superior-tasting, organic and healthy saffron and saffron teas grown ethically through sustainable farming methods. Together with your support, we help build a sustainable business lead by women. Each purchase helps shape the lives of our enterprising female farmers and their families. Learn more about our mission here. If you want to know more about our social enterprise, please search on google for “Safaroma
List Price: $ 13.47
Price: $ 13.47
- 12 inch wide Cast-Iron wok offers ample size for many recipe and cooking with a wok is a fast and easy way to prepare food
- Woks are used in a range of different cooking techniques including stir frying and pan frying being the most common methods
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills, campfires and oven safe,gas, campfire, induction stove, oven, infrared stove
- To clean your cast iron wok you just simply scrub your grill pan with a stiff brush and hot water and dry it completely; it is not dishwasher safe
Get the most value for your money with Top-Rated Professional Grade Cooking Equipment! Our Cast Iron Wok, Black, 12-inch brings luxury cookware to your kitchen.
The main advantage of cast iron wok beyond its constructed material is its curved concave shape. The shape produces a small, hot area at the bottom which allows some of the food to be seared by intense heat while using relatively little fuel. The large sloped sides also make it easier for chefs to employ the tossing cooking technique on solid and thick liquid food with less spillage and a greater margin of safety. Curved sides also allows a person to cook without having to “chase the food around the pan” since bite-sized or finely chopped stir-fry ingredients usually tumble back to the center of the wok when agitated.
The curve allows large pieces of food seared at the bottom of the wok to be pushed up the gently sloped sides to continue cooking at a slower rate. While this occurs another ingredient for the same dish needing high heat is being cooked at the bottom. The pointed bottom also allows even small amounts of oil to pool. As such, large food items can be shallow fried, while finely chopped garlic, chili peppers, scallions, and ginger can be essentially deep-fried in both cases with very small amounts of cooking oil.
All our cast iron cookware is LEAD FREE.
Seasoning Tips: Spread a thin layer of melted shortening or vegetable oil over the skillet and bake for 1 hour at around 375° F
Fatty foods and oil enhances seasoning. Acidic food and water reduces seasoning.
PFOA and PTFE FREE.
List Price: $ 21.99
Price: $ 23.99
Related You Paella Recipes Products